Ultimate Member bbPress This extension allows you to apply posting restrictions to individual forums. You can restrict which user roles can create new topics or replies on a per forum basis. To apply restrictions to a forum edit the desired forum and you will see a box called: “UM Permissions”. On this box you can choose which roles can create new topics in this forum and which roles can create new replies in this forum. This document provides instructions on how to use the bbPress extension on your site and how it integrates with Ultimate Member. This extension requires plugins bbPress and Ultimate Member. You can find bbPress documentation here.
The default bbPress profile is removed with this extension and the bbPress stats for each user are moved to the Ultimate Member profile under a new profile tab called “Forums”. The forum tab can show four sub-tabs: Topics Started, Replies Created, Favorites and Subscriptions. You can remove the Favorites and Subscriptions sub-menu items by disabling them from the bbPress plugin settings page (settings > forums).
- User can unsubscribe and unfavourite topics directly from their profile
- The extension will also redirect all links on the forums from the default bbPress profile to the Ultimate Member profile.
User Roles settings
With the extensions you can apply permissions on a user role basis. To apply permissions to a role edit the role and go to the bbPress Permissions widget. In this widget you can set the following:
- Can have forums tab – This option allows you to disable the forums tab for certain user roles.
- Can create new topics – This option allows you to decide whether a user roles can create new topics or not
- Can create new replies – This option allows you to decide whether a user roles can create new replies or not
- Disable new topics during these weekdays – This option allows you to stop new topics from being created on specific days
- Custom message to show to user if user cannot post in the above selected days – This option allows you to set a custom message to show to users when new topics can not be created. The notice will only show on days that are disabled.
Blocking access to a forum
You can use the access control widget to stop certain people/roles from even viewing the forum. To do this just turn on access control and decide who can view the forum. You can then set a redirect url to the main forums page or any other url or you can leave the url field blank.